There are 3 red flags when goal setting.
I perk up when I hear lawyers bring up these red flags because they're likely making their life harder than it needs to be.
When was the last time you asked yourself what you want and why?
In this episode, you'll learn:
- 3 red flags when setting a goal that holds lawyers back from getting what they want
- how to recognize when you may be working from one of these reasons, and
- how to start making the shift from hustle and grind energy to calm and committed energy to fuel your actions
I'm going to talk about these red flags in terms of your ambition to grow your practice, make partner, go after any kind of promotion or start a new venture outside the law with the idea of leaving the law eventually.
This applies to every desire we have though, so even if these topics don't light you up, ask yourself where you want something but you're not getting the outcome you want.
Use what I talk about here to build your awareness in that area, so you can make the changes you need.
- Chosen Family Law Firm
- Be a Better Lawyer Ep. #179: Asking for More Money
- BBL Ep. #149: Overcoming Money Scarcity
- BBL Ep. #101: 8 Lies You Probably Believe that are Costing You Time (and Money)
- Download the Busy Lawyer's Guide
- Book a Strategy Session with me
- Follow me on Instagram
Enjoying the podcast? Love listening on your commute or while sipping your morning coffee?
Here's a few ways to share the love.
- Share the podcast on social media and tag me, so I can say thank you.
- Tell a friend about the podcast.
- Consider leaving a review. It's a small way to show your love for the podcast, and it has a big impact on the podcast ratings. It only takes 90 seconds, and you'll have my whole-hearted gratitude and appreciation. Click here to leave a review.
Thanks for listening, and I'll talk to you next week.
READ THE TRANSCRIPT