I called this episode “Racist Thoughts” because it places the finger on the issue.
Our thoughts are informed by the world around us and our past. Unless we decide that we are going to intentionally direct our thoughts, then nothing changes.
But the first step to create change is awareness.
Today we talk about:
- What is a thought
- Where thoughts comes from
- Where racist thoughts come from
- An easy way we can become a better ally to Black people in the legal profession
- How we can un-learn racist thoughts
- Unseen barriers to entry to conversations and opportunities
- 3 racist thoughts that you may not see
- Episode 107: Processing Emotion – On the Other Side of Pain
- The Nicole Walters Podcast
- Brene Brown's Podcast with Ibram X. Kendi
- Support these Black-owned book stores
- Collection of Anti-Racism Books curated by Brene Brown's team
- Mentoring Brother 2 Brother (Sacramento, CA-based)
- The Conscious Kid
- The National Urban League
- Keenya Kelley talking on her experience as a Black woman on Chalene Johnson's Instagram account.
- Understand what is means to be more inclusive in your marketing with Sonia Thompson