Today we're talking about how you're sabotaging your momentum towards your dreams daily.
These are sneaky things that pop up when we least expect it.
I’ll walk you through 5 ways I’ve seen myself and clients sabotage hard-won momentum in their lives and in their legal practices.
#5 is the MOST important practice you must do, so listen until the end.
I explain why our brain is sabotaging your momentum and how you can use your brain to take back control.
I've linked to helpful resources on thinking about your time more effectively in the show notes.
- The Busy Lawyer's Quick-Start Guide to Getting Back 5 Hours Weekly
- Episode 107: Processing Emotion
- Episode 102: Fierce Self-Love and Calendar Resentment
- Episode 78: 3 Calendar mistakes Costing You Time
- Mentoring Brother 2 Brother (Sacramento, CA-based)
- The Conscious Kid
- The National Urban League
- Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi
- Ibram X. Kendi's interview on Brene Brown's Podcast “Unlocking Us”
- Keenya Kelley talking on her experience of being Black on Chalene Johnson's Instagram account. It's worth listening to until the end.
- Selma – Amazon is streaming this movie free right now.
NEW TO THE PODCAST?
READ THE TRANSCRIPT