Looking for quick wins and fast growth?
Of course you are!
This journaling technique I'm teaching in today's podcast is great if you don’t have access to a coach who can talk you through your patterns. The only way we can change our lives is if we see our patterns.
If you’re not into journaling, this episode may just change your ways.
Are you a high-achiever who doesn't have time for journaling? That’s okay because this is a quickie practice. You can journal just before you write your grocery list. It’s designed to be quick. And you can take what you love and leave the rest behind.
Where did I get this from? Years of inconsistent journaling, weeks of time spent at personal development events, thousands of hours reading self-help books, and hundreds of hours of coaching with some amazing people. Plus my experience as a lawyer who wants to know that I’m seeing results and not wasting my time with fluff.
The few minutes you take for yourself each morning or evening when you journal will be worth it though. You’ll notice more about yourself than you ever could simply by writing what I’m about to teach you down and then reviewing it at the end of the week.
This simple journal practice will be uncomfortable at first. Our reptilian brain doesn’t like change. It thinks it’s protecting us by keeping us in our safe space. But the discomfort means we’re growing. Just remember that when your brain rebels and says, “No, I’ll take a break from journaling today.” Just dismiss that voice and start writing. You won’t regret it.
You may want to tweak this to your own liking, but these are the elements of my journaling practice, and each piece serves a different function as I’ll explain.
Listen to the podcast, then grab your free journal and step-by-step guide to using it here:
- This is the kind of journal I use. It's simple, has a semi-hard back, so I can write along the sides if I want to write dates or subjects on it. It's very similar to the Moleskin journals out there.
- Episode #16: How to Create Goals and Achieve them with Alon David, Creator of 90X Goal Planner
- My Review and Step-by-Step on how I use my 90X Goal Planner
- Episode #14: How to Make Time (and a Million Dollar Company) with Trivinia Barber
- FREE Journaling for High-Achievers Roadmap. – This includes step-by-step instruction on how to use the prompts, and I give you journaling templates too.
- Strategy Session. Click the link to learn more.