The other day I had a friend tell me that they want to do something big in this world and make an impact, but they hold themselves back because they don’t think they know something well enough to share — to be valuable enough for others — and she didn’t like they way she looked and didn’t want to put herself out there for all to see.
First of all, I feel blessed that people feel comfortable opening up like this to me.
Second, I hear these same things all the time, and it’s even what I’ve said to myself in the past.
These are common insecurities when it comes to our knowledge and how we appear to the world:
- I don’t know enough. I’m not enough.
- Who am I to do dream big? To make it happen?
- What if people judge me and they find me lacking?
- Which really means: what if they’re right about me not being good enough?
If you have a big dream, wouldn’t it be amazing if you build the competencies to create the life you want instead of settling for what you have now because you don’t feel good enough in one way or another?
You can build the competency to become a better leader, coach, lawyer, doctor, business owner, you name it.
In this episode, I'm sharing how I’m doing it right now in my life, and how I’ve created competencies to move past these insecurities.
- Be a Better Lawyer Episode #295: How to Use this Podcast
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Work with me 1:1
- Journaling for High Achievers (free) – If you need a tool to think through your goals and get your brain back in the game, you can download my free Roadmap: Journaling for High-Achievers
- Meditation 5-Pack (free) – If you've been meaning to go deeper and find more quiet time in your life, I've created 5 free (and short) meditations for you to try to see what you like.