When I whittled down these “12 Simple Phrases to Powerfully Impact Your Life,” I thought about which words and questions I used most to shift the way I thought. Which words did I use to remind myself of how I wanted to live daily whether it's as a lawyer, a coach, an entrepreneur or a yogi?
These 12 phrases to powerfully impact your life are ones that I turn to over and over again.
They're the ones I've made little notes for on my computer monitor to remind me of how I want to think. They're the ones that I've gently tapped into my brain with repetition, so that they would impact my thoughts and eventually my actions.
In today's episode you'll learn:
- How I teach my brain, and the brains of my coaching clients, how to make their life easier instantly
- Why it's so important to separate our identity from our thoughts, and how we can do that with using one easy phrase
- The funny way I remind myself to take 100% responsibility for my actions
- Phrases that instantly calm me when I use them (I think it's the cure for perfectionism)
- How to sleep better by using this phrase to eliminate compulsive thinking when I'm trying to sleep
I'm a word nerd, so I am in love with this episode. I also want to give you another way to get your word fix. You can get your free 99 Mantras Audio training and PDF list of phrases you can incorporate into your life. It only takes one phrase that resonates with you to shift your thinking, so I highly recommend downloading it. You can get your free training here:
- David Goggins: ON Dealing with Childhood Trauma. Jay Shetty's Podcast in which he interviews David Goggins is a MUST listen! I loved this podcast so much. David Goggins is inspirational and powerful. I'd recommend listening to it a couple times!
- Episode #26 with Jim Fortin. Jim and I talk about “Mental Mastery and How to Take Back Control of Your Life.”
- 99 Mantras Audio and PDF Training– This is a free training I created for you because I believe in the power of transformation by taking baby steps. Finding a few phrases to incorporate into your life to remind you of your goals will help you reach them faster and help your brain begin thinking differently.
- Eckart Tolle's book, “The Power of Now.” The slower you read this book, the more you get out of it. I'm re-reading it to stay in the material. His work is simple yet profound. If you haven't read it, I definitely suggest getting it.
- Dr. Joe Dispenza's book, “Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind.” It's a long book, but it dives deep into the workings of our brain. If you love learning about how our mind works, you'll love this.